The Nikon AF VR Zoom-NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED Lens is a
far-reaching telephoto zoom lens that features Vibration Reduction to
reduce the effects of camera shake at longer focal lengths or with
slower shutter speeds. The lens is designed for FX-format cameras and
features an aperture range from f/4.5 to f/32. Lens construction
includes three extra-low dispersion glass elements for control over
aberrations and improved contrast and resolution. Additionally, this
lens does feature an autofocus motor.
The lens also has a minimum focus distance of 7.5' and comes with a detachable, rotatable tripod collar for mounting when necessary. For smooth out-of-focus elements the lens uses 9 rounded aperture blades. Also, it features a 77mm filter thread.
Nikon D-type lenses transmit subject-to-camera distance information to the camera. The camera uses this distance information to refine its exposure calculations. AF not supported by D40, D60, D3000 & D5000 cameras.
- Two Vibration Reduction modes are available one for both the viewfinder image and the image on film or sensor and a VR for the film or sensor only for power savings.
- New optical design incorporates three ED glass elements for superior optical performance throughout the entire zoom range.
- Built-in A/M switch enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus (lock mechanism provided).
- Focus range limiter for smooth focus operation.
- Detachable tripod mounting foot provided.
- Filter attachment does not rotate during focusing or zooming.