The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens from Nikon is a versatile wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens for DX format Nikon DSLRs. With DX sensors it provides the full frame focal length equivalence of 27-157.5mm incorporating wide-angle to telephoto perspectives. Complementing its multi-application capabilities is a lightweight and compact build and wide zoom ring.
The Silent Wave Motor of the 18-105mm yields speedy, silent, and smooth autofocus performance with fulltime manual focus override for precise manual control when needed. This AF motor is very helpful when tracking moving subjects and its quiet performance benefits video recording. Nikon's Vibration Reduction Image Stabilization compensates against the blur caused by camera shake and provides the ability to handhold the camera at shutter speeds up to 3.5 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. VR is particularly beneficial when shooting at telephoto focal lengths and in dim light and the effect of stabilization can be seen in the viewfinder, making composing and capturing the image easier.
The optical design of the lens includes one aspherical element and one extra-low dispersion glass element to minimizes aberrations and distortion for sharp and color accurate images. Super Integrated Lens Coating improves light transmission, reducing flare and ghosting. The minimum focus distance of this 18-105mm lens is 17.7" and its front filter thread diameter is 67mm.
- This 18-105mm is exclusively designed for Nikon DSLRs with the DX-size sensor offering the 35mm equivalent focal length of 27-157.5mm.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) minimizes blur caused by camera-movement enabling handheld shooting up to 3.5 shutter speed stops slower.
- Silent Wave Motor autofocus motor enables for fast, smooth and ultra-quiet AF action and is very effective for tracking moving subjects and video shooting.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element and aspherical lens element minimize aberrations and improve overall image sharpness and color.
- Built-in A/M switch enables instant exchange between auto & manual focus.
- Rounded 7-blade aperture diaphragm renders pleasing out-of-focus highlights.