The Canon 32GB VIXIA HF R62 records Full HD
1920 x 1080p video to 32GB of internal flash memory or to a removable
SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. It features a long 57x Advanced Zoom range and
SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization that combine to deliver sharp
and steadier images, even when fully zoomed. Equipped with built-in
Wi-Fi and NFC support, the camcorder allows you to connect to iOS and
Android devices to enable remote control, live stream monitoring and
recording, and easy file transfers for uploading your videos and photos
to social networking sites.
The HF R62 features a 3.28MP CMOS image sensor and a DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor that delivers up to 1080/60p video. Video can be recording in MP4 or AVCHD formats either independently or simultaneously using the Dual Recording option. Built-in down-conversion lets you create smaller-size files optimized for easy web-sharing. For easy framing, quick playback, and intuitive operation, a 3" capacitive LCD touch panel is provided. Designed with all levels of users in mind, the HF R62 has a wide range of features to automatically adjust image stabilization, zoom magnification, and image control settings to help you get the best possible images. A high-capacity 2685mAh battery is included for longer shooting times.
- 3.28MP Full HD CMOS Image Sensor
- This model is equipped with a 3.28MP Full HD CMOS image sensor that supports 1920 x 1080 resolution video capture. Canon's high-resolution HD CMOS sensor features extra sensitivity that delivers lifelike Full HD video with natural color - even in low light. On-chip noise reduction supports clarity in every frame, which means your video and photos will be vivid, clear - even when played back on a large HDTV.
- DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor
- This camcorder incorporates an advanced Canon HD the DIGIC DV 4 image processor for enhanced imaging performance. The increased processing power also lets you record in both AVCHD and the web-friendly MP4 formats simultaneously when using the camcorder's Dual Recording function. It enables the built-in transcoding from AVCHD to MP4 as well.
- Internal 32GB Flash Memory & SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slot
- The camcorder's internal 32GB flash memory holds up to twelve hours of HD video. With no moving parts, flash memory technology can withstand camcorder jolts and drops. You can also record to a removable SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card, making it easy to share your video with friends and family.
- MP4 or AVCHD Progressive Recording
- Whether you're capturing MP4 or AVCHD files, this model supports Full HD 1920 x 1080/60p video capture. Full HD 1080/60p recording captures twice the amount of information as 60i, and with images captured at a rate of 60 frames per second, diagonal noise is eliminated so even fast moving subjects show up clearly. This provides a greater sense of detail and faithful rendering of moving edges, plus enhanced color and fine tonal gradation. AVCHD Progressive records at bit rates up to 28 Mbps, while MP4 files are captured at bit rates up to 35 Mbps.
- Dual Recording
- Dual Recording and built-in down-conversion ensure that no matter how you decide to use the video you've recorded, you'll have the right format available. The camcorder can simultaneously record video to internal flash memory in AVCHD format, and to a SD/SDHC/SDXC card in MP4 format. The widely used MP4 format provides quick, conversion-free playback on tablets and smartphones, and it lets you upload videos directly to social networking sites for easy sharing. AVCHD works well when watching videos on an HDTV or archiving them to Blu-ray discs. The camcorder also has a built-in down-conversion function that creates smaller, web-friendly MP4 files for easier transferring and uploading.
- Slow & Fast Motion Recording
- Record fast motion at up to 1200x and slow motion at 1/2x for increased creative possibilities.
- Built-In Wi-Fi / NFC
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity lets you share your HD video with friends and family anytime, anywhere. Connect with your iOS or Android mobile devices using the free Canon Window app to easily transfer and then share your videos and photos to social networking sites. With Live Streaming support, you can also record and view live video on your compatible Android or iOS device and even control your camcorder from a remote location.
- Compatibility with Optional CT-V1 Camera Pan Table
- The camcorder is compatible with optional CT-V1 Camera Pan Table accessory. With your Wi-Fi-enabled camcorder mounted on the CT-V1, you can remotely pan the camcorder up to 200° from a compatible iOS or Android device.
- Powerful 57x Advanced Zoom
- Thanks to an impressive 57x Advanced Zoom range, long-range shooting is not a problem. You'll be able to create videos with dynamic variety, and you'll be less likely to disrupt the action you're shooting. The Advanced Zoom works well for a variety of situations including formal ceremonies, recording animals in the wild, candid family videos and more. The Advanced Zoom is available in manual mode and has been achieved with more efficient use of the effective imaging area. It takes the camcorder's focal length from 32.5mm all the way to 1853mm (35mm equivalent), which provides extraordinary flexibility in shooting.
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
- Canon's sophisticated SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer corrects camera shake instantly, so even handheld video taken at long focal lengths is sharp and steady. Providing continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct a broad range of motion (with extra compensation applied at wide-angle focal lengths), the Dynamic Image Stabilization system on this camcorder stabilizes rotational camera shake. Controlling horizontal, vertical and roll axis rotational camera shake ensures smooth, distortion-free video - even when you're walking while shooting.
- Capacitive 3" Touch Panel LCD
- A capacitive 3" touch panel LCD screen that makes recording and other operations easy. Open the panel and the power is on. A gentle touch activates the display's intuitive functions. Choose a focal point, track moving subjects, control exposure for selected areas, and operate camcorder controls from the screen - all with a touch. In addition, the easy-to-use user interface makes your shooting experience simpler. The Home button is on the menu screen, and provides quick access to all functions. Clear explanations for key settings pop up when selecting shooting modes and recording formats, so you can be confident in the decisions you make.
- Framing Assistance Function
- When you're shooting at the long end of the zoom and you've lost your subject, simply press the Framing Assistance icon on the touch screen and the zoom magnification will automatically decrease, making it easy for you to locate the subject and zoom in on it again.
- Baby Mode
The camcorder features Canon's Baby Mode - a complete
solution for capturing, tracking, organizing and sharing every moment of
your baby's development. A custom control button on the shooting screen
activates the mode, and optimal settings for the shooting conditions,
including Intelligent IS and more, are automatically selected. Videos
shot in Baby Mode are automatically saved into a dedicated Baby Album so
they won't get lost among your other videos. You can view the Baby
Album chronologically as well.
When shooting in Baby Mode, the camcorder's Pre-Record (Pre REC) function is always on. This places the camcorder in a stand-by "pre-roll" mode, where it continuously records three seconds of video to memory before you even press the record button. When you start recording, the additional video is recorded too, so you won't miss your baby's "first" moments.
Touch Decoration in Baby Mode includes stamps to mark each video with your baby's current height and weight. And with a single registration of the baby's birth date, the camcorder will automatically calculate the number of days old and stamp videos accordingly, creating an exact diary of developmental milestones for years to come. The camcorder's other Baby Mode Touch Decoration options allow you to add your own drawings, captions, animations and more. All options can be appended to previously shot video as well.
- File Lock Function
- With one simple setting, you can keep your videos safe from any accidental operational errors. The File Lock function disables deletion, dividing, trimming, copying, MP4 conversion, and thumbnail changes with a touch, giving you peace of mind when children or others use your camcorder.
- Cinema Window Software
- Camera Window software is available as a downloadable application. The software makes it easy to import MP4 and JPEG files from your VIXIA camcorder to a PC or Mac, where they can be shared and edited.
- Audio Scene Select
- Audio Scene Select offers five modes that automatically optimize settings based on the recording situation, making it easy to record realistic, immersive audio in a range of situations.
- Smart AUTO & Auto Tele Macro
- Smart AUTO lets you capture clear, bright, well-focused video while the camcorder takes care of all the details. The system recognizes 38 shooting situations based on numerous factors, then automatically chooses the optimal settings for the situation. When you shoot a nearby subject in telephoto zoom mode, Auto Tele Macro gives your video the high-end artistic effect of a well-focused subject against a blurred background.
- Genuine Canon Face Detection
- The same high quality Face Detection technology used in Canon digital cameras is available in Canon HD camcorders. Up to 35 faces can be tracked automatically, ensuring sharp focus and accurate exposure. Of the faces tracked, nine detection frames can be displayed at one time. The system will even recognize faces turned downwards or sideways. In addition, a specific face may be selected as the main subject for continuous tracking. This feature also helps when you're searching for clips that feature a specific subject's face. In search and playback, use of the Face Index will display those frames with the chosen face as a thumbnail in each shot in which it appears. Your selected face can also be linked as a timeline to further identify footage containing your subject.
- Cinema-Look Filters
- This feature offers a choice of seven varied built-in adjustable filters, which give the look of a variety of cinematic styles by compensating for the color, gamma and other aspects of the image's quality. The looks can be previewed in the LCD monitor while shooting, and also applied post-capture for additional convenience and versatility. Choose from Cinema Standard, Old Movies, Vivid, Cool, Nostalgic, Dramatic Black & White or Sepia. For even greater control, the brightness of each filter can be set to low, medium or high. When Cinema Standard is selected, color depth, softening and contrast can also be adjusted.
- Video SnapShot
- Video Snapshot allows you to capture the highlights of a once-in-a-lifetime trip or a family milestone with the same ease as taking photos. Simply record a series of short video clips - or select your favorite clips while in Playback Mode - and blend in your favorite background music to create an exciting movie that will grab everyone's attention. Video Snapshot allows selectable recording times of two, four or eight seconds. Additionally, audio from an external source such as an MP3 player can be played along with your Snapshot movie. Plus, playback can be controlled from that source.
- 24p Cinema & 30p Progressive Shooting Modes
- The camcorder offers a 24p Cinema mode that gives your video a film-like feel, making it look as if it were shot at the same frame rate as movie film. It does this by capturing at a frame rate of 24p and recording it in a 60i wrapper. The camcorder also gives you the option of recording in 30p Progressive mode, which is great for clips you intend to post online.
- Programmed AE
- Programmed AE with Smart Auto, Manual Mode P and SCN (Portrait, Sports, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Night, Low Light, Spotlight, Fireworks), Cinema Mode (with Cinema-Look filters), and Baby Mode.
- Additional Features
- TTL focusing system (through The lens)
- Manual exposure available
- 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz power adapter included
- 1/4"-20 tripod socket