The AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens from Nikon is an FX format lens that is also compatible with DX-format DSLR cameras. The lens features a broad zoom range from wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, and it close-focuses down to 18" at every focal length.
The VR II image stabilization compensates for camera shake providing up to 3.5 shutter speeds stops of shake control to enable handheld shooting in dim light and at telephoto focal lengths. The Silent Wave Motor autofocus system provides smooth and quiet AF action which is particularly helpful when shooting video. For precise focusing the lens provides an M/A focus mode switch which allows the photographer to quickly change between manual and autofocus modes.
The optical construction includes two extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements which reduce aberrations to provide sharp, color-accurate images throughout the frame. The lens elements have been treated with Nikon's Super Integrated Coating - an optical lens coating process that maximizes light transmission while enhancing clarity and contrast. A rounded 9-blade aperture helps to create pleasing background highlights.
- Versatile 10.7x FX-format Zoom Lens
- Versatile zoom lens offers a broad focal length range that's perfect for travel, landscapes, portraits, and distant subjects.
- Compatible with FX and DX-Format DSLRs
- The DX-format DSLR angle of view is equivalent to a 35mm format focal length of 42-450mm.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction system is engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens. It enables handheld shooting at up to 3.5 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focusing.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture setting.
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other aberrations, even when shooting wide open.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus. It also keeps the front element from rotating, which maintains the position of a polarizer filter or lens hood.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.