The AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED Lens from Nikon is a precision FX format prime lens with a natural wide angle of view designed to deliver sharp and distortion-free images. It is also compatible with DX format cameras and provides a 61º angle of view when mounted to a DX camera. A fast maximum aperture of f/1.4 is very effective in low light situations and provides exacting depth of field control. Twelve lens elements in 10 groups including 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and 2 Aspherical lenses create high-contrast images with minimal chromatic aberrations even at f/1.4. Nano Crystal Coating reduces flare and ghosting.
This rear focusing lens with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides fast, accurate and quiet AF operation. It also features a rounded 9-blade diaphragm for pleasing out-of-focus areas within your images.
- Wide-Angle Prime Lens
- This fast, f/1.4 lens is effective in low light settings and captures a natural wide angle of view on both FX and DX format cameras.
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- The two ED elements in the AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Two Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- The Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rear Focus (RF)
- Rear focus provides smooth and fast autofocus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens extension.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Nano Crystal coating reduces ghosting and internal flare across a wide range of wavelengths for impressive image clarity.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- The M/A focus mode switch enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation. Precise manual focus is available at all times, even in AF mode.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- A rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.