The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens from Nikon
is a one-lens solution for DX-format DSLRs. Its wide angle to telephoto
focal range with the 35mm focal length equivalence of 27-300mm gives
photographers a versatile tool to get the shot without having to switch
lenses. It is engineered with superior quality ED (Extra-low Dispersion)
elements yielding sharpness and color correction without distortion,
even at wide apertures. Additionally, this zoom is constructed with
three aspherical lens elements and a circular 7-blade diaphragm which
renders captured images with natural-looking out-of-focus elements.
NIkon's Super Integrated Lens Coating enhances light transmission
through the lens and reduces flare and ghosting.
VR (Vibration Reduction) II image stabilization compensates against the blur caused by camera shake and allows shooting up to 3.5 shutter speed stops slower than with non-VR II lenses. This enables handheld shooting at telephoto lengths and in low light with less blur. The internal focusing (IF) lens incorporates Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) to provide smooth, silent, fast and accurate auto focusing. Autofocus (A) or manual (M) modes can easily be selected with a focus mode switch, and manual override function allows the shooter to manually focus even in AF mode.
- With 11x zoom versatility this one-lens solution covers a broad range of photographic opportunities. Picture angle is the equivalent of a 27-300mm lens in the 35mm format.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3.5 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide aperture settings.
- Three aspherical lens elements eliminate coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures.
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Built with Nikon's exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), the lens enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- With a rounded 7-blade diaphragm a more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements are rendered.
- A zoom lock switch secures lens barrel at its minimum length.
- This 18-200mm lens provides a minimum focus distance of 19.7".
- The M/A (Manual/Autofocus) mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between manual and autofocus operation.
- The included HB-35 petal-type lens hood shades the lens from unwanted, image-degrading light and provides a degree of protection against impact and the elements.